We are energy. All living things are made from and comprised of energy. Chakras are the 7 energy centres of the human body. Our bodies are filled with energy – distributed to the different parts of the body, from the base of the spine to the crown of the head.
These parts of our bodies are energy centres called Chakras, a Sanskrit term for “wheel”, which are depicted as spinning, coloured wheels of energy.
There are 7 Chakras that regulate all the processes of the human body, from organ function to the immune system and emotions. Each Chakra flows on its own vibrational frequency, colour, and plays a specific role to keep you well and balanced.
The 7 Chakras
3. Located in our solar plexus, is the Manipura chakra, the third chakra of the human body that is characterised by expression of will, personal power, and mental abilities. Symbolised by the colour YELLOW, it provides us with a momentum that pushes us forward and makes us realise our personal desires and intentions in the world. It directs us to our goal and helps us divert our actions towards that goal.
4. The heart chakra, or Anahata in its Sanskrit name, brings colour into our lives with love, compassion, and beauty. Associated with the GREEN colour, this fourth energy centre bridges earthly and spiritual aspirations. The Heart chakra is about connecting and relating – not only to people but to the Universe. The emphasis here is love – both in giving and receiving. It opens us up in relationships with others.
5. Located at the centre of the neck at the level of the throat, the Throat chakra, also known as Vishuddha, is the passage of the energy between the lower parts of the body and the head. This energy centre, represented by the colour BLUE, is about the expression of the self – your truth, your purpose in life, your creativity. It also affects your communication – both verbal and non-verbal, as well as toward others and yourself.
6. The most common Sanskrit name for the Third-Eye chakra is Ajna, which means “perceiving”. As it located on the forehead, right between the eyebrows, this chakra is the centre of intuition and foresight. The Ajna is symbolised by the mystical colour PURPLE. Having good energy circulation in this chakra allows you to open up to an intuitive sensibility and inner perception. When we focus our mind, we will be able to see beyond the distractions of life and have more insight to live and create more deeply aligned goals with our highest potentials.
7. The Sahasrara may be the seventh and last chakra, but it’s definitely not the least. Located at the top of the head, this energy centre gives us access to a higher state of consciousness as we open to the universe. Represented by the colour WHITE, which presented as deep purple. the Sahasrara allows us to connect to our higher selves – to the universal consciousness and the spirit. It constantly reminds us that the physical is finite – that we must strive for more than physical satisfaction.
What To Do When Chakras Fall Out Of Order
The balance of energy between these chakras may sometimes go out of order, caused by internal and external energy blocks. You feel off-balanced – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
When this happens, it is best to identify the triggers that cause energy drains and blocks. Awareness and openness are key. Once you are aware of the triggers, it will be easier to balance out your chakras and live a more holistically balanced and fulfilled life.
Chakra balancing will support a balanced flow that will sustain our overall level of energy. This is something that can be done through the Wheel of Life, an activity that will allow you to identify the areas of your life that use up your energy the most on a daily basis and the ones that need your attention more.
Our MYnd Map MY Journals have new cover colours that are based on the different chakras of the human body. They are vibrant and full of life – ensuring that every time you take a look at your journal, you will feel that sudden boost of energy that you need to re-balance your chakra flow.
The journals also have week-over-week Wheel of Life sections that can help you identify your own personal chakra blocks by giving you a sense of awareness of yourself and a means of expressing these energies, emotions, and thoughts that cause the imbalance!