We dont know about you but Beauty Blenders have become our favourite makeup accessory – we dont know how we lived without that egg shaped sponge! However, they get dirty so quickly, and can be a nightmare to clean! There are many cleansers around to use to clean them, but we’ve been looking for other ways to give them a deep clean!
The founders of beauty blenders say the best way to clean it is using the ‘wet.squeeze.bounce’ method and recommend you wash it after every use!
1. Wet: Wet the beauty blender with water.
2. Squeeze: Squeeze out the excess liquid, use a towel if you can.
3. Bounce: Use your foundation, powder or any other complexion product across the face!
4. Cleanse: To help maintain the integrity of the blender, cleanse after every use.
Mrs Hinch Washing Machine Hack!
Not technically from Mrs Hinch, but a hack from her followers! She pleaded with her followers for some help in cleaning her beauty blenders and tried the most popular. See the results for yourself!
- Put the blenders in an old sock.
- Tie with a hairband.
- Put it in the washing machine!
The Microwave Trick
Another interesting trick to get your sponges clean, is using the microwave which has the added benefit of the heat killing off any germs and bacteria. Be careful though, as you want to make sure you dont melt it!
- Add a few drops of a liquid soap (you can buy a special one or use a gentle soap) to a cup of water.
- Make sure there is enough of the mixture to cover the sponge completely.
- Wet the sponge under running water and put into the cup
- Microwave for 60 seconds and then make sure you let it cool.
- The makeup will end up in the water and once its cool you can take the sponge out and give it another rinse before letting dry.
When Should I Replace My Beauty Blender?
These spongers aren’t meant to last forever, so you should replace it every three months to avoid it getting too overused and causing problems with your skin. However, to make sure your blender lasts the the full three months, whatever you do to clean it make sure you are gentle.
How to Wash Your Makeup Brushes?
Even with the beauty blender, we’re still using makeup brushes every day and they can also get dirty!
- Run the brush under lukewarm water, making sure not to get much water at the point where the bristles meet the handle.
- Apply cleanings gel or special makeup wash. Spread the bristles to get into any clogged makeup. You could always swirl the brush in the palm of our hand to lather the soap.
- Rinse again, and wipe the brush back and forth on a clean towel to get rid of all the makeup and leave it to dry.
You can also spray it with antibacterial spray and brush it back and forth across a clean tissue until there re no traces of residue makeup. This worths especially well for smaller brushes.