What is breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a procedure that uses implants to increase your chest size and give you larger breasts. Breast augmentation can give your breasts a fuller shape and help you feel and look better. The surgery usually lasts around 1-2 hours if you are only having implants.
What types of breast augmentation are available?
Saline implants are filled with sterile salt water but use a silicone outer shell. They are a safe option for breast augmentation as it is less of a risk to the body if the implant leaks. These implants are providing a uniform firmness and feel as well as shape.
Silicone implants are more popular because they feel more like real breast tissue. This is because of the silicone gel inside of them. With silicone implants regular checks are recommended to ensure that the implants are functioning and have not leaked.
Is breast augmentation for you?
Before choosing to have a breast augmentation, you need to consider:
- Are you able to avoid strenuous exercise for 1 month?
- Would your breast scars be exposed to direct sunlight before 1 year has passed?
- Do you plan to breastfeed your children?
- Do you feel comfortable with the upkeep breast implants require?
- Do you have any allergies?
You should always speak to your surgeon about all of these things in the consultation, before going ahead with the surgery.
Typical cost of breast augmentation
The average cost of breast augmentation in the UK is £4,670, but the price can vary between £2400- £7000. The cost of surgery will vary based on the type of implant you choose and the size you would like to be.
Risks & side effects
- Breast pain
- Changes in sensation in the nipple and breast
- Scar tissue forming around the implant
- ‘Double Bubble’ deformity
- Implant size problems- unsymmetrical, stretching the skin
Best for Breasts
Mr. Cameron Raine
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Mr. Paul E Baguley
Mr. Rizwan Alvi
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Miss. Rozina Ali