What is body contour?
Body contour is a broad surgery term for various body surgeries that eliminate excess skin or fat. Body contouring surgery is meant for those with excess skin that is sagging, or loose. The surgery is specifically for those who have lost a large amount of weight and have loose skin in more than one area of their body. The procedures aim to improve the shape of support tissue, to give the body a smoother contour.
Body contour surgery can include:
- Arm lift
- Body lift
- Breast lift
- Thigh lift
- Buttock lift
- Tummy tuck
Is body contour for you?
Before you choose to have body contour surgery, you need to consider:
- Can you stop smoking for at least 6 weeks?
- Have you got loose excess skin due to weight loss?
- Do you plan on losing more weight?
- Can you take 4-6 weeks off of work?
- Do you need surgery on more than one area of your body?
- Will you have someone to care for you during the recovery period?
- Are you comfortable with having scarring?
You should always speak to your surgeon about all of these things in the consultation, before going ahead with the surgery.