What is a thigh lift?
When skin has ageing, and stretched over time it will struggle to shrink back in place. Thigh lift surgery reshapes your thighs to give you smoother skin and firmer more proportionate legs. The procedure takes around 2 hours, however it can be longer depending on the surgery you have chosen.
What types of thigh lift are there?
Inner/Medial thigh lift
This procedure reduces excess skin and fat from the upper part of the thigh. This is a good procedure for someone struggling to lose excess fat in this part of the body.
Outer/Lateral thigh lift
This procedure requires surgery on similar areas to a lower body lift, and is commonly paired with a buttock lift. This surgery is ideal for someone with excess fat on the outer of their thighs, looking thinner, more toned thighs. This procedure leaves a large scar.
Is a thigh lift for you?
Before choosing to have a thigh lift, you need to consider:
- Can you stop smoking for around 6 weeks?
- Will you be losing or gaining any weight in the near future?
- Have you tried to lose weight or change your diet, prior to considering this procedure?
- Can you take 2-3 weeks off?
- Are you comfortable with having large noticeable scars?
You should always speak to your surgeon about all of these things in the consultation, before going ahead with the surgery.