What is nose surgery?
Surgery on the nose is done to either change the shape of the nose, or improve the nose’s functionality.
What types of nose surgery are available?
This procedure reduces the size of the nose by changing the shape of the tip, the bridge or even the nostrils. It does not require changing the skin at all.
This is where the procedure looks to make the nose bigger. The surgery requires cartilage and bone from the body, which can be taken from the hip, rib back, skull or elbow.
Both procedures can be performed to improve nose functionality and improve damage caused to the nose from injuries.
Is nose surgery for you?
Before choosing to have nose surgery, you need to consider:
- Can you take time off?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you happy to wait an extended amount of time for results?
- Are you able to stop exercise for a month?
- Are you comfortable with bone being taken from your body?
- Why do you want nose surgery?
- Do you need chin surgery?
- Do you know what you want your nose to look like?
You should always speak to your surgeon about all of these things in the consultation, before going ahead with the surgery.